Monday 14 March 2011

Updating for Dean. How's the snow again?!

Dean I am updating my blog just for you!! 

It's nearly time to get back out on the road so I have been trying to get the final jobs done and dusted. 

Really looking forward to finally being able to get the car to stoneleigh this year and show off all the hard work I have put into it. 

Now due to a busy schedule I am having to update my blog via my iPhone which means I cannot upload any pictures of the work in progress but once I get back infront of my laptop I will add some. 

The roll bar has been off for blasting and has now been painted Matt black and is looking very nice. Just need to re install my high level brake light on to it. The new carbon mods boot cover has been cut to shape and and has been marked out ready to cut the holes in for the rear stays with the assistance of some string and auto cad to generate my Ellipse shape to cut out where the stays pass though, to keep the gap as small as possible and tidy. 

Now some time last year I purchased some carbon mods front mud guards, now at first I was unsure if I actually liked the look of them so never got round to fitting them, but over the winter I sat them on the brackets to see if I did get to like them. So last weekend I finally decided to fit them as they grew on me, and now they are fitted I have to say they do look very good. I decided to go with drilling and bolting them on as the safest option. But to make it a little less noticeable I have ordered some anodised black bolts to blend in with the carbon.  Will get pics up of these soon. 

The new clutch slave cylinder has been fitted after the old one shit itself. Easy job to get sorted. 

All of the suspension bolts have been regreased as I was suffering from a few squeaks which was driving me mad. 

Still awaiting for some dye to re colour the side screens, purchased some dye which after doing a small sample looked terrible as it was very shiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment