Tuesday 23 March 2010

Steering all fitted

Now in one of my earlier posts i wrote about westfield making my steering column to short, and not willing to send me a spline to sort the job out myself,

well i am now pleased to say that i have fully working steering column.

to get round the issue a spline was ordered from car builder solutions, and after a trip to work the UJ that wesfield fitted incorrectly was soon cut off and in its place was welded a standard spline section, which now fits into the lower shaft perfectly, also by doing this myself i was able to make sure every thing measured up perfectly.

once it has been all welded up i had the upper and lower shafte properly painted in black Kephos, and not that crap paint that just flaked off that westfield had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment